changelog: Do u read bottom-up or top-down?

Due to latest discussions i attended my own style and tried:

libggi (1:2.0.0-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  * source notes
  * changelog and control changes.
  * debian dir changes.
  * Addittional files (manpages, lintian.overrides) changes.
  * Configure changes.
  * Packages changes.

 -- Martin Albert <ma@debian.org>  Tue, 21 Aug 2001 03:20:01 +0200

But something was wrong: i (expect to) read changelogs bottom-up, the
"natural way" reading histories ;-).

Top-Down appears suited for devel-changes, generally when reading only
a single entry.

You, who you do read changelogs: what do you use it for, do you read
from top or bottom?

Thanks for your bits in advance, will help me and 'what you use it for'
might evtly. lead to some examples lines for 'developers-reference'
(that describes changelogs mostly along with NMUs).

greetings, martin