Re: Fonts working "out of the box"

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, David Starner wrote:
> > > To prevent it, use non-bitmapped fonts when chosing fonts, and change
> > > conffiles to refer to non-bitmapped fonts.
> > And this is not the task of Debian users in my opinion.  We can´t
>
> Someone will have to do it. If it is bothering you, do it and send in the
> patches to the BTS...  Otherwise, you will have no choice but to wait until
> someone does the job for you.
This is what I wanted to say: File wishlist bugs (prefered with patches)
if you found out some good looking fonts for any application.  Personally
I have no time to fiddle around with font stuff and so I´m not able to
send in patches.  The intention of my mail was that people not stop
after changing their conffiles as David suggested but share their
knowledge in BTS so that all Debian user would gain profit from it.
Isn´t this the way Debian works?

Kind regards

         Andreas.