Re: Fonts working "out of the box"

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, David Starner wrote:

> To prevent it, use non-bitmapped fonts when chosing fonts, and change
> conffiles to refer to non-bitmapped fonts.
And this is not the task of Debian users in my opinion.  We can´t
enforce our users to find settings for each program themselves and
change config files.  In my opinion maintainers of the relevant programs
should be enforced to use debconf for this issues at least.

Kind regards

      Andreas, who has no time to fiddle around with several font settings
      for various programs and is definitely no font expert.