Re: pcmcia-cs & debian modules packages

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 08:39:18PM -0500, Martin F Krafft wrote:
> after falling in love with make-kpkg, i am now beginning to attack
> modules packages. specifically, since i can't find pcmcia-modules for
> my kernel (2.4.9), i would like to build them myself. i can create
> them by dpkg-buildpackage'ing the source of the pcmcia-cs package, but
> that seems like overkill. what's the official way to build
> pcmcia-modules packages? please give me a pointer, as i could not find
> one...

Have you tried the PC Card modules which are part of kernel 2.4.x
source?  I've got an ORiNOCO 802.11b card and a 3Com card running in a
Tecra 8100 with 2.4.7; no pcmcia-source or pcmcia-modules package
needed.  You still need to install the pcmcia-cs package, but that
doesn't have modules in it.

In general though, you build module packages by installing the source
package which puts stuff in /usr/src/modules.  You then build the
module packages with 'make-kpkg modules_image'

Cheers,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.