Re: lvm bug - possible solution

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 12:01:14AM +0200, Robert van der Meulen wrote:

> If you leave 'filesystem corruption' out of the equation, it will give you
> the filesystems as they were the last time 'vgscan' ran.

that was what my understanding was.

so that begets the question: when is the best time to run a vgscan?
after a change to an lvm volume (and how can we enforce that)?

my guess is that we cannot effectively enforce it, w/o a little nag
message that says ``please run vgscan''

running vgscan as part of shutdown would be prudent, it seems.

-john