Catalog package

Hi there,

I'm still having major problems with the catalog package.
This all started because catalog does not depend on
mysql-server yet uses mysql in its configure and
removal scripts.  Because I didn't have mysql installed
the system is completely broken.  I installed mysql and
gave root the same password I told catalog but for the
life of me I can't remove the $^#% package!  I get
access errors (permission denied) and dpkg dies.

I'll file a bug report, but in the meantime how can
I force apt/dpkg to remove something?  Is there a
way I can manually hack the package database?  I'm
at a complete loss.

                          -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson