Re: Proposal: new alternatives links

The contents of the Reply-To field in your message was broken :)

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 10:07:09PM +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:
> Even though you set Mail-Followup-To and Mail-Copies-To my MUA is
> configured to ignore them (broken fields that they are).

Why exactly are they broken?

> Plus, only *you* have to set Reply-To whereas with your approach people
> have to remember what you do or don't like. Setting Reply-To will be
> simpler and reduce your frustration level.

Well, with Mail-Followup-To:, it's also the sender which sets the header.

RFC 822 seems to mention several uses for Reply-To; using Mail-Followup-To
one of these frees Reply-To for the remaining ones, which seems to me like
it's remotely useful.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.