Re: Debian lists and Cc'ing people in replies in addition to the list

Your message had "Mail-Follwup-To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org", notice
the typo (read: please fix it :).

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 11:54:01AM +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Actually, no, they should be in public, to educate everyone about this.
> Most people sending Cc's on list mails are doing it out of ignorance.

Actually, it seems to me that they do it because their mailers don't do
enough to adjust to mailing lists by default. One could argue that people
should bother to set up their mailers for mailing lists, but analogously one
could argue that people who don't want CCs should set up their mailers for
mailing lists.

IMHO the people who don't want the CCs should set up their mailers to set
the Mail-Followup-To header and exclude their address from the header. In
mutt, even if one does a group reply, Mail-Followup-To will be respected.

> In the long run, this improves quality of life for everyone.
Life? ;o)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.