Re: Carlos Laviola and mp3blaster

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 11:45:57PM +0000, xsdg wrote:
> I filed a number of bugs against mp3blaster 20 days ago, and as yet no action

You forgot to mention that all ten bugs were 'Severity: wishlist'.

> has been taken.  Then, yesterday, I emailed Carlos Laviola at <claviola@d.o>,
> but to no avail.  Because he has not yet responded to yesterday's email, and

Hey, a DAY? Come on, couldn't you wait, say, *another* day before
bringing this before the eyes of everyone?

> because he has not yet forwarded any of my bugs upstream, I assume that he is
> absent doing something or another.  What would have to happen now for my

Yeah, I *have* been busy, but that doesn't mean I've stopped doing my
Debian duties. Not at all.

> bugs to be forwarded upstream (and for that to be noted in the BTS)?

If that's all you want, then why the hell didn't you mail
mp3blaster-devel[1] yourself? I think everyone who files wishlist bugs
on the BTS for things that the maintainer has _absolutely no power_ to
change is being rude to him. You know, like I told you privately, I can do
just as much as you: go ask Bram if he feels like your suggestions (I don't
think feature requests qualify as 'bugs') should be implemented.

BTW, did you REALLY need to file all those bugs? Some of them are quite
ridiculous (#106739), and lots of should-be's that are pretty much personal
opinion, while others are very unlikely to be implemented in the near
future, like support for fade(in/out) and such. I recognize that some of
them are quite valid, like #106747 ("edit id3 tags").

Would you please not do this again and stop putting unneeded pressure
about frivolous things on me?

To answer your question, I'd have to hit 'f' on mutt.

Thanks,
Carlos.

1. mp3blaster-devel@stack.nl

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _  http://laviola.org  Debian-BR Project
(_(_|| |(_)_)  |(_|\/|(_)|(_| uin#: 981913 (icq)  debian-br.sf.net

Linux: the choice of a GNU generation - Registered Linux User #103594