Re: Perl/Debconf broken in woody?

Santiago Vila wrote:

The system where it happened was already running woody, so it could be
a bug in debconf itself. If it is not a bug in debconf, I suppose Joey
will be able to tell which exactly is wrong in catalog's debconf template
and would reassign the bug appropriately.

Note that the system was running Woody but was not completely

up-to-date with the latest stuff in testing.  In particular
debconf was not the latest version.  Installing the latest
debconf from testing at least got past the apt errors, though
catalog has some other issues that I am still trying to sort
out.  I'm not sure if these problems are with my system or
with the catalog package itself.

So the intial problem seems to have been the result of catalog
being installed with the latest perl (since it depends on
some perl components) but NOT the latest debconf.  It's
still not clear to me where the bug report should go.  From
your comments it seems you think it should be filed against
debconf.

                                  -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson