Re: exploring debian's users and groups

Many of the groups you state as local policy probably want to be kept
around for compatibility with programs people might compile/install on
their own.  I'd be shocked to find a Unix system without bin or adm
users or without an adm group.  OK, not actually shocked, but I would
argue that the value of keeping it for compatibility with
brain-damaged software is worth a few lines in the default
/etc/passwd.

We should also consider specifications like LSB and make sure we don't
remove users they mandate.