Re: Perl/Debconf broken in woody?

Adam Heath wrote:

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

That's only a workaround.

debconf templates in woody *should* work with debconf in potato.
File a serious bug.

Just a dependancy bug. Apparantly catalog should have depended on a newer
version of debconf.

This will not work.  config scripts can be run before a package is even
installed, so they should only work with what is already on the system(which
means essential/required pkgs).

So what's the verdict?  _Something_ is wrong and I believe a bug report
should go somewhere, but it's not clear to me who is responsible for a
fix.

See also my message about other catalog difficulties.

                            -Dave

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson