Re: Mass handling of bugs: Please add explanation.

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 10:49:46AM +0200, Peter Makholm wrote:
[...]
> The problem is that there weren't any explanation but the subject.

That's the control bot's fault.  You can add all the helpful commentary
you want to a message to control; it will get stripped out when the
acknowledgements are mailed out.

> And the subject said "Ooops" on one of them.
>
> That leaves me with the question: Who made some decision about a bug in
> one of my packages and why?
>
> Please, never change the status of bugs without explanation.

Relax.  Sometimes this sort of thing happens because people mistype a
bug number when mailing <control@bugs.d.o> (I've transposed digits in
bug numbers myself many times).  I'd say "Ooops" is a pretty good sign
that someone just messed up, and was trying to fix it.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Kissing girls is a goodness.  It is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    a growing closer.  It beats the