Re: Upload Quality Was: Re: OpenOffice

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 10:07:58AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> Note I'm not specifically talking about OpenOffice. If OpenOffice is
>> actually usuable for something by a non-developer, then great. If it's just
>> useful for development, there's no use in putting into unstable.
>Have you actually tried OpenOffice (you can download precompiled binaries
>from www.openoffice.org)? There have been some issues with printing, but
>these have now mostly been resolved. OpenOffice works, and is quite

Yes.. I agree!

>And since it's got more features than KOffice, I don't see any reason why
>it couldn't be in sid...

I can't see the reasons, why we should not put OpenOffice into sid.

>> > OO sounds like it's a lot buggier than most applications (not surprising
>> > since it used to be commercial/proprietary code) but the only way it's
>> > going to conform to the standards expected of free software is if people
>> > work on it and test it.>
>> When you've got a program that's almost done,
>I don't know whether it's almost done, but it's quite stable. At least a
>"bit" more stable than Konqueror is (which is a great browser but
>unfortunately segfaults about once a week here).

The thing, what should mostly be fixed sometime is the buildsystem.

BTW. does anyone have has debianised the sourcetree?

One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

Jan- Hendrik Palic
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"

Version: 3.12
GCS d- s: a-- C++ UL++ P+++ L+++ E W++ N+ o+ K- w---
O- M- V- PS++ PE Y+ PGP++ t--- 5- X+++ R-- tv- b++ DI-- D+++