Re: Upload Quality Was: Re: OpenOffice

Hi...

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 10:07:58AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

>> Note I'm not specifically talking about OpenOffice. If OpenOffice is
>> actually usuable for something by a non-developer, then great. If it's just
>> useful for development, there's no use in putting into unstable.
>Have you actually tried OpenOffice (you can download precompiled binaries
>from www.openoffice.org)? There have been some issues with printing, but
>these have now mostly been resolved. OpenOffice works, and is quite
>stable.

Yes.. I agree!

>And since it's got more features than KOffice, I don't see any reason why
>it couldn't be in sid...

:)

I can't see the reasons, why we should not put OpenOffice into sid.

>> > OO sounds like it's a lot buggier than most applications (not surprising
>> > since it used to be commercial/proprietary code) but the only way it's
>> > going to conform to the standards expected of free software is if people
>> > work on it and test it.>
>> When you've got a program that's almost done,
>I don't know whether it's almost done, but it's quite stable. At least a
>"bit" more stable than Konqueror is (which is a great browser but
>unfortunately segfaults about once a week here).

The thing, what should mostly be fixed sometime is the buildsystem.

BTW. does anyone have has debianised the sourcetree?

Greetings
		Jan
--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"