Re: Avifile 0.6 for other platforms

Hi

El 10 Aug 2001 a las 12:50PM +0200, Petr Cech escribio:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 12:42:55PM +0200 , Pavel Tcholakov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to ask a question regarding the general useability of
> > avifile -- the last time I tried it I got a performance of about 0.2 fps
> > on a relatively nice graphics card and an appropriate X server. Has that
>
> and what hardware? I can play most Divx on k6-2/350MHz fullscreen with
> avifile/mplayer, XF4.0/4.1 Rage128
>
> but on a Cyrix 200MHz, unaccelerated XF3.3.6 - slideshow (if you're lucky)
>
> > changed? Is the quality good enough so that on cat watch movies with it?
> > :-)

Some other stuff can make transfer rates in the AGP bus be too short.
Check MTRR support in your kernel, for example.

I was using avifile in a Pentium II 266 with Matrox Productiva AGP 100
with good results, and very bad results in a K7Duron700 with
NVIDIA-LITE??, just only MTRR support in the kernel was the diference.

--
Andres Seco Hernandez    -     AndresSH@alamin.org
MCP ID 445900     -     http://andressh.alamin.org