Re: OpenOffice

Le jeu, 09 aoû 2001 05:52:43, Carlos Laviola a écrit :
> I've never built OpenOffice, but now that I have a reasonably better
> machine (AMD Athlon, 1.0 GHz, 320 RAM), I think I could even build it
> within a couple of days. :)

You are a lucky man on my system it will take a month.

> > Maybe, there are several people, to we can build a debian-oo- Group to
> build
> > it?
>
> Don't think that would be so needed right away. OO is still too beta to
> fit even on unstable right now. (perhaps experimental...)
>
> BTW, how is printing support in OO these days?

Printing is ok in the last build.
And IMHO the current openoffice is enough to think about a debian package
in SID.
I prefer to use OO than SO because you avoid the windows-like desktop. But
OO remains a fat application with a uggly GUI.

Christophe

--
Christophe Barbé
Software Engineer - christophe.barbe@lineo.fr