Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> > I am much more in favour of the other two options:
> > * do the reverse and reject if not approved in a certain timeframe
>
> That makes zero sense.  We should *officially* reject qualified
> developers because of lack of time, personal vendetta, or whatnot?

No it would make perfectly sense. If people within a month can't
produce a working debian package we shouldn't waste preciouse beucracy
on them.

You suggestion could on the other hand spoil by letting unqualified
maintainers into the project for random reasons. But you idea could
probally be refined so stalling qualified new maintainers won't be
stalled by a single person.

A conservative jugdement on whom we're letting into having acces to a
very large number of root accounts (and thereby being able to make
intentionally or unintentionally damage on a lot of machines) is a
good thing. Even thoug it would have meant that I first should have
been accepted as a maintainer at least half a year later than I was.

--
http://peter.makholm.net/