don't know what to do with a bug

I have an open bug reported against quota (104737) I do not know what to do
with. I talked to the upstream and he told me that the bug actually is a
missing definition in the kernel source. So I reassigned the bug to the
kernel-image package. Now I got it back reassigned to quota with the
comment: User space programs must not use kernel headers. But the program
does not include the kernel header file. It includes sys/ioctl.h which then
includes /bits/ioctls.h which includes asm/ioctls.h. This file lacks a
definition for hppa.

IMO this is a bug in the kernel-source. But before I reassign the bug yet
again just to get it back a day later again, I would like to know if I err
on that one.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes