Re: ITP: Music123

From: Tollef Fog Heen <tollef@add.no>
> * "David Starner"
>
> | music123 can be very slow, if you recurse into a large directory
> | with few music files. (It adds the files to a vector, but latter
> | removes them if they aren't recognized music files. O(N) behavior
> | to remove a file, and O(N) removals adds up to O(N^2) behavior.)
>
> No, it adds up to O(2N) == O(N).

"adds up" wasn't meant literally. O(N) instances of an O(N) behavior
is O(N) * O(N) = O(N^2).

> | There are a couple features that I'd like to add - better option
> | handling, gettextization, and printing the song info without the
> | rest of the music player noise. But it works for me, so those
> | will have to wait for a latter version.
>
> Does it have a concept of albums/collections of songs?

Not yet, short of creating a directory and populating it with simlinks to
files. Version 2 will definetly play from a list of songs in a plain-text
file (= m3u format?); is that good enough?

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"The pig -- belongs -- to _all_ mankind!" - Invader Zim