Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

From: Tomohiro KUBOTA <tkubota@riken.go.jp>
> No, you misunderstand.  As I wrote before please read my research
> of Unicode at http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/unicode-symbols.html
> and you will find problems other than Han Unification.  I was saying
> about these problems (character width, orthodox conversion table,
> and so on).

These aren't problems in using Japanese; they are problems that Japanese
have using Unicode, frequently due to bugs in Japanese character sets.
Frankly, I find it hard to blame Unicode for _not_ confusing the Yen sign
and the backslash. Likewise, the doublewidth / singlewidth character problem
is a problem of Japanese character sets poor-handling of non-Japanese
characters - you can't ask that Germans use double-width characters for any
non-ASCII characters.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"The pig -- belongs -- to _all_ mankind!" - Invader Zim