Re: bad descriptions (long)

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 12:23:12PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> 5.h  lines containing a space, a full stop and some more characters,
>      are for future expansion.  Do not use them. [3]
[...]
> I have some questions:
>  - can we write bugreports about this?
>  - can someone write a lintian warning for 5.h ?

No need - it complains about it already.

[colinw@kypris ~]$ dpkg -f dvidvi_1.0-4_i386.deb Description
Manipulate .dvi files.
 Allows you to select, change the order, and/or shift the pages in a
 .dvi file.
 .
 The main use is to print an a5 booklet on A4 paper, in such a way
 that you can put a staple through the bundle.  A shell script that
 does just that is provided.
[colinw@kypris ~]$ lintian --info dvidvi_1.0-4_i386.deb
E: dvidvi: description-contains-invalid-control-statement
N:
N:   The description contains a line starting with a dot (.). This is not
N:   allowed.
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 3.1 for details.
N: