Re: more SSH problems

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 12:55:16 -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> For the last couple days, no matter what config file options
> I've tried, ssh won't let me connect as root with entering
> the password.

SSH now defaults to protocol version 2 rather than one. You can use a "-1"
switch, or (preferably) create a new identity for use with the version 2
protocol.

> Is it a security policy/feature?

It could be argued that this is a security feature; version 2 of the
protocol does not suffer from some problems that version 1 has.

HTH,
Ray
--
RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may  not be a better one than the one
the blocks  live in but it'll be a sight more vivid.