problems with large files

Hi guys!

I've been having problems with large files lately. When I create a file
(on a ext2 or reiserfs partition) that's larger then about 2GB (e.g., a
tar of my mp3 collection), I cannot rm, ls, cat, tar, etc it anymore.
The file is there, nontheless, and it is intact, since I can do things
like "dd if=largefile.tar | tar xv".

The problem seems to be with all programs that use stat() function calls
(e.g. ls, cat, but not head). Is this a bug in the C libraries, or am I
just being stupid?

BTW: I use potato with Adrian Bunk's updates, and a 2.4.5 kernel.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |