Re: state of debian multimedia etc.

Daniel Kobras wrote:

> Moi!
>
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 08:47:26AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > This is my ponderings on the Debian Multimedia status.
> [...]
> > Also, do we have any video-editing capable software in Debian yet ?
>
> Kino as far as I know is the only one in Debian so far. It's DV-only
> though, and rather rudimentary. Not what you'd call a full-blown
> video editor. Broadcast2000 debs are (or at least have been) available on
> the net, but have never been uploaded to the archives.

If there is anyone who would like to help me to extend qtrecompres
functionaly
from avifile package that would be great.

(I'd like to have at least VirtualDub functionality for linear editing -
there
is also another tool based on libavifile for nonlinear editing - but its
rather
too much buggy and overcomplicated for now)

kabi@debian.org