Re: Intend to code: update-cluster-machine

Thomas Lange <lange@informatik.uni-koeln.de> immo vero scripsit

>     > The other way around. A system which installs Debian on a new
>     > cluster node would call this function.
>
> It's a litte bit difficult, cause your update-cluster-machine command must
> be run on the master node, I think.

Yes.

> FAI - Fully Automatic Installation - is a package for woody and also
> runs with potato. Look at

does it already provide such a system?

I wanted to do this, because the three packages I maintain,
dsh, mpich, and diskless, do not share their configuration, where
diskless has enough information so that it can generate all the configuration files,
automatically.

If such a mechanism can benefit other packages, that would be
better.

FAI might not fit this model, if it cannot interact with the master node...

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer