Intend to code: update-cluster-machine

I have had this idea some time ago, and it seems to have been received quite well,
and thus I am intending to code "update-cluster-machine"

It is a tool to hold a database of :

IP address
MAC address
hostname

adding a machine to cluster should be done with :

update-cluster-machine add --ip xxx.xxx.xxx --mac xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx --hostname machine

and removing a machine from cluster should be done with :

update-cluster-machine remove --ip xxxxxx

I am planning such so that it would overwrite at least

/etc/mpich/machines_LINUX
/etc/hosts
/etc/ethers
/etc/dsh/machines.list

on doing so.

Ideas welcome.

It will make Debian cluster solutions to be more "integrated" as Debian.

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer