Re: nfs root for boot floppy? or initrd loaded via tftpd?

    Craig> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 12:12:38PM +0200, Thomas Lange
    Craig> wrote:

    Craig> FAI may be the right answer to the wrong question i've been
    Craig> asking :).

    Craig> it depends on how "fully-automatic" FAI is. i don't really
    Craig> want a fully automatic install because each machine is
    Craig> going to be quite different.  all i really want is a good
    Craig> root partition with the tools i need to build machines
    Craig> with.

I've found that FAI makes a great starting point even if I end up not
really wanting fully automated installs.  But in the process of
understanding what I'd want for non-automated installs, I discovered
that I'd gotten fully automated installs working.  It's so cool for
testing to have machines that reinstall to known configurations on
reboot.  This plus x10 means I basically never have to go into the
office even to debug install testing or client setup.