Re: Outdated GNU config (config.{sub,guess}) and autotools-dev

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Richard Atterer wrote:
> I think _in_general_ this is the right direction to go. However, I
> dislike the "refuses" - there will always be reasons to break the
> rules, one ("s/linux-gnu/linux/") even mentioned in this thread.

Add a lintian override in that case. Exceptions are supported and expected
;)

And the "s/linux-gnu/linux/" braindamage is NOT a reason to break the rule.
One should generate that thing from the up-to-date version of the file with
sed, or something like that.

> Anyway, how exactly are you going to determine whether the script is
> "old"?

If it is not the most up-to-date version, it is old.  Obviously, it does
not deserve a bug report unless it either does not support -t (too old:
cannot determine date), or it does not support the archs we need.

  Henrique Holschuh