Re: Wish for new package (gISDN)

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 09:18:29PM +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
> First of all, I have searched around alot, but haven't really found
> out where to direct my wish, so I'll try here.

Not too bad - this was the second best thing to do! :-)

> I have a wish for a ISDN-monitor for Gnome. An example I liked very
> good, especially the client/server idea, was gISDN
> (http://www.stud.uni-hamburg.de/users/lennart/projects/gisdn/). I
> don't have the skills nor the time to make a .deb of this my self,
> but if anyone else has the time, I think several would like it.

The "official" way is to file a bug against "work-needing and
prospective packages". For information on how to do this, see
<http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/>. You want an RFP ("request for
package"), don't forget to include information about the program in
your mail to the bug tracking system.

Before filing the bug, you should check on
<http://bugs.debian.org/wnpp> whether a request like yours has already
been filed.

> Btw., why doesn't mkisofs exist in testing?

It's been removed, apparently because of a serious bug (#87043,
"command arguments witten to the CD"). But that's no problem - just
use mkhybrid, which can do everything that mkisofs can.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _