Re: ITP: cidr

On Sat, 21 July 2001 14:21:43 +0200, Casper Gielen wrote:

Fix that, will you?

> I've used netmask in the past, but cidr is much better. I
> would like to see it in Debian.

/me sees no real need in that. If you have to learn another
language, visit that country and try make yourself understood
by carrying a dictionary (and probably not knowing the
alphabet very well, oh what joy) is the same as if you do
cidr calculations by a programm or with your brain. That's
what it's for.

Come on, knowing all the appropriate stuff from a /30 to a
/24 is easy, maybe a /28 or /29 you get wrong sometimes, but
it's just those few numbers that even make sense themselves.

If at all, talk with the netmask maintainer to merge it...

scnr,
Alexander

--
"- Why are we hiding from the police dad?
 - They use EMACS, son.  We use vi." -- Peter Gutmann, asr