Re: sponsorship (Re: madison)

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 02:03:19PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> immo vero scripsit
>
> > no, sponsored packages are normal packages. IMHO sponsored packages
> > normal 'better' packages, because _two_ 'maintainters' watch and test
> > the code before the upload.
>
> Hmm.. one problem I can see with sponsorship as of now is that
> the name of the sponsoring person cannot be found out very easily.
>
> Adding a X-sponsored-by: field might be an idea.

write a 'sponsorship guide' proposal and send it to debian-devel (or
-project?)

but btw: a Maintainer address like <grisu-$PACKAGE@auric.debian.org>
         is IMHO easier and have other nice features (the sponsor get
	 Bug-Reports etc.)

Gruss
Grisu
"The official mascot of this operating system is the Linux Penguin.
 Know why he's smiling? He's a Linux user!" on www.msnbc.com/news/191174.asp