Re: cramfs problems, also file(1)

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 10:46:40AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:27:45AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> >
> > When I do apt-get install kernel-source-x.x.x, I want the file in /usr/src/ to
> > be pristine, not something modified.
>
> Then you should do apt-get --tar-only source kernel-source-x.x.x.

Now what if I have a slow and/or expensive internet connection. I have the
debian binary cds handy, but not source, and I want to update to the latest
kernel by using patches to the source deb that's on the cd. Only problem is
I can't, as the patches are highly likely to fail.

Yes, this *has* happened to me, trying to go to 2.2.18 from potato 2.2r0
kernel source deb.
I was rather pissed having to d/l the entire 2.2.18 source.

Regards,

Filip

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, we wouldn't call it research."
	-- Albert Einstein