Re: ITP: libavl -- AVL tree manipulation library

To summarize the differences (as I understand them):

The GNU avl library:

- is reasonably well documented;
- has four (slightly) different algorithms, including one
  that isn't really AVL;
- only supports an ordered set interface;
- has a small node size;
- is very fast.

My little avl-tree library:

- is not very verbosely documented (most of it is in avl.h);
- contains only one, albeit slightly augmented, (AVL) algorithm;
- has an interface which allows one to use the tree for a variety
  of purposes;
- uses a somewhat larger node-struct;
- is very small code-wise.

Since the most visible difference seems to be interface-related I guess
making it a seperate package could be considered justifiable. But that
is really a matter for Debian maintainers, of course.

If renaming is necessary I would suggest `avltree', since that resembles
the name of the original library.

Regards,

--
Wessel Dankers <wsl@fruit.eu.org>

electromagnetic radiation from satellite debris