Useful stuff lost in noise

Guys,
a lot of debian's infrastructure seems to be either entirely
undocumented, or documented in an email to -devel at some point
in the dim and distant past that unless you were around at the
time (or see someone mention on irc) you don't have a hope of
finding.
Obvious candidates are: Madison, BSMTP on klecker, the
.forward-foo stuff that aj was talking about, and I'm sure a
hell of a lot else.
So, what am I suggesting?
Well, as part of the developer's site, we keep a record of all
these things. If people see something useful, they could email
the maintainer(s) a link to the list archive, or a file location
on a debian.org machine, or whatever, and that could then be
included in the archive.
And yes, I would be happy to maintain the archive.
Thoughts?
-Thom