Re: "All packages use debconf" (wasRe: Better development announcements)

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 10:19:57AM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> postinst. But please don't add a debconf script to a package that
> currently installs non-interactively, just because there are some
> configuration options. Debconf is better than asking in the postinst,
Surely adding these as low-priority would be the best compromise? Then
they are configurable with debconf, and can be set by users wanting all
questions to be asked, but not by people who set debconf to only ask
higher priority questions.

Ben

--
+-----Ben Bell - "A song, a perl script and the occasional silly sig.-----+