Re: Package of non-development scripts?

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

> Is anyone currently maintaining a package of Debian-specific scripts that are
> not packaging-related (i.e., not devscripts)?  Quite a few useful tidbits pass
> through this list, and it would be nice to collect all of those small scripts
> into one package.  If nobody is collecting these, I'll likely start doing it,
> and package the result.

Dennis (dennis@debian.org) and I are planning sth like this for a
while. Just now, we have two scripts to build and publish
Debian packages and apt-show-source which is already a Debian
package. The intended name for the package is debaux. We
would be happy to add more Debian tidbits.

The main point that is delaying a release is the usage of
sperl, which is to be replaced by libnet-ssh-perl

Ciao
        Racke

--
Master of Swiss Web 2001: http://www.zweifel.ch/

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices