Re: sponsor rules

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 02:01:25AM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> (This is why I think the Maintainer field should point at the sponsor,
> with the sponsoree's name in the changelog.  But not many developers
> seem to agree with me on that.)

well if some stuff about sponsors is going to go into policy, how about
insisting all packages in the archive while still in sponsor stage have a
sponsor field

So dpkg --info or apt-cache show or whatever on the package will show

Maintainer: Person maintaining package
Sponsor: Debian Developer Sponsoring package

after all it is trivial to add fields here any time in debs :)

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/