Re: sponsor rules

> However, I seriously doubt your packages were broken crap.

I'd agree on that one. The sponsor for my xmms-cdread packages
(mechanix) was very good at making me fix all lintian errors and checked
the package thorougly himself before agreeing to sponsor my package.
However, he did sponsor it before I even went through much of the NM
process.
Although, as I understand it, the originator of this thread
said that basically a package shouldn't be sponsored solely because the
package's author has not completed the ID step of the process, which I
believe is being too strict. I'll agree on the first two restrictions,
though.  These shouldn't to be laws that all maintainers are forced to
abide by, but rather guidelines that they should follow to make sure the
sponsored package follows the same high standards as any other
Debian package.

--
   ___   ___
  / _ | / _ \   Ari Pollak - ari@aripollak.com - www.aripollak.com