Re: madison

Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:

> As Robbe said, some maintainers (such as all of those who are
> in the NM queue) do not have accounts on auric. This does not
> help them. What do you propose for them? I support the idea of

Yeah, I remember well what a PITA it was being on the outside
looking in.  I've actually read the rest of the thread now..

> a read-only cgi (or other dynamic) wrapper around madison. I
> wish I had the time to write such a thing (maybe after this
> week when my summer Calculus II course will have finished :).
> Would it be OK to simply accept user input via a web form,
> check it to make sure nothing malicious was entered, and then
> run it via a shell as whatever user cgi scripts normally run
> as, and return the output to the client? I might be able to
> knock up an initial version of this during the next few days,
> though it might have to wait until the weekend.

http://auric.debian.org/~robbe/tmp has 8800+ files and doesn't
include non-us, looks like.  1.7M of data in those files.
Individual files or one big file are ok with cable/adsl but
probably not much fun with dialup.

I doubt if there will be support for a cgi script.  There might
already have been definitive word on all this.  The mailing lists
have dried up here for the last few hours.

Rick