Re: Priority of gettext-base

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 09:14:57PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > The priority of gettext-base has been raised from optional to
> > important by the FTP admins. Not that I'm against this change but:
> > Should I not have been notified about that? Should I adjust the
> > priority in the control file?
>
> <nod> <nod>

Thanks for replying :-) Don't know what "<nod> <nod>" means, but I've
asked the ftp admins to put gettext-base back in "standard" for the
following reasons:

a) It is the priority which was agreed among debian developers here in
debian-devel a long time ago.

b) No "priority: important" package depends on gettext-base, but even
it there were one, the dependency is not justified. It takes two lines
of code to check for /usr/bin/gettext and use echo otherwise.

Since I received a mail saying: "If you feel the override is incorrect
then please reply to this mail and explain why.", I did exactly that.