Re: ia64/hppa porter NMUs for woody

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 12:05:41AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Quotiong the Developer's Reference:
>
> <--  snip  -->

>      During the release freeze (see Section 6.2.2.1, `Uploading to
>      _frozen_'), NMUs which fix serious or higher severity bugs are
>      encouraged and accepted.  Even during this window, however, you should
>      endeavor to reach the current maintainer of the package; they might be
>      just about to upload a fix for the problem.  As with any source NMU,
>      the guidelines found in Section 7.4, `How to do a source NMU' need to
>      be followed.
>
> <--  snip  -->
>

> After reading this I can't see how it could be correct to do a source NMU
> even within a freeze when you answered within two hours.

The section that I read was in 8.2.1 "When to do a source NMU if you are a
porter":

"Again, the situation varies depending on the distribution they are uploading
to. Crucial fixes (i.e., changes need to get a source package to compile for a
released-targeted architecture) can be uploaded with no waiting period for the
`frozen' distribution."

So I was led to the conclusion that this is acceptable for frozen packages.  I
don't entirely agree with this (I think that one day at least would be
reasonable), but it is my interpretation of what is written.

--
 - mdz