Re: ia64/hppa porter NMUs for woody

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >My question is, shouldn't porter NMUs for non-frozen packages wait at least one
> >day, to give the maintainer a chance to integrate the fix with any pending
> >updates?
>
> What harm do you feel is being done by rapid NMUs?  Any new version uploaded
> by the maintainer will replace an NMU'd package.

The maintainer is the one who decides when to do an upload and which
changes to include. You should give the maintainer time to respond before
doing a source NMU. Everything else is very bad style (and the
Developer's Reference says that it's wrong).

BTW: I always wanted to do a NMU for XFree86, perhaps I can find a problem
     that I can solve by doing a source NMU...  ;-)

> The ia64 and hppa people certainly are being fairly aggressive, but I think
> that's justified given the circumstances.

aggressive:
- over 500 RC bug reports within a few hours
- I have two RC bugs im my packages I got twice

> p.

cu
Adrian

--

Get my GPG key: finger bunk@debian.org | gpg --import

Fingerprint: B29C E71E FE19 6755 5C8A  84D4 99FC EA98 4F12 B400