Re: how to contact hardware vendors for getting specs?

Martin Waitz wrote:

> hi,
> thanks for your help :)
>
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:16:35PM +0200, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> > I wouldn't say hi in a formal letter. Something like 'Dear Sir or Madam'
> right
>
> what is a good footer for a formal letter?
> something like the german 'mit freundlichen Gr"ussen'

You mean the thing that precedes the signature?  The old standbys in
English are "Sincerely," and "Yours truly,".

Sounds pretty quaint, doesn't it?  I think maybe I like the German
better.  But in English, "Greetings" sounds kind of weird at the *close*
of a letter.