Re: how to contact hardware vendors for getting specs?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 06:30:08PM +0200, Martin Waitz wrote:
> well, i want to get some specs about o2micro's pcmcia smartcard reader
> (http://www.o2micro.com/products/prod_prodsmartcard.html)
> therefore, i created the mail below,

One thing that stood out when I read it is that you only said
(paraphrasing) "we'll write the driver for you".  What was omitted was
"we'll give it, and your specs away to anyone".

Not having any information about the company, or if they expect to get
an NDA in return for the specs it might be prudent to lay out your
conditions ahead of time.  Wording like "publish your spec" instead of
"give me your spec" might be beneficial.

Dave

--

-  Dave Baker  :  dave@dsb3.com  :  dave@devbrain.com  :  http://dsb3.com/
GnuPG: 1024D/D7BCA55D / 09CD D148 57DE 711E 6708  B772 0DD4 51D5 D7BC A55D