From: Martin Waitz <tali@debian.org>
To: info@o2micro.com
Subject: informations about OZ711E1

hi,

i'm working for 'The Debian Project', a Linux Distribution targeting
experienced users (http://debian.org)

We would like to include drivers for your integrated smartcard reader,
which is used in e.g. Acers Travelmate 350.

There already are a lot of skilled Linux driver developers who could
develop this driver, so your company would not have to do this work
itself.  The only thing needed is specification of your OZ711E1 chip.

If you could provide all the informations needed to develop a
driver for the smartcard-reader part of your chip, you would
get a Linux driver and a lot of potential customers for free.
As many security-concerned people are using Debian, there
sure are people wanting to store their keys on a smartcard.
Other infrastructure for using smartcards already works,
we just need more SmartCard-Reader drivers.

Thank you very much for your support.

--
Martin Waitz

if my smartcard reader should work finally, i could package the
javacard pam module that's out there... login via smartcard :)
and ssh-2.9 can store secret keys on smartcard, too...

--
CU,		  / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz	//  [Ta|i on IRCnet]  [tali.home.pages.de] _________