Facility names for init scripts (Re: LSB Spec 1.0 Criticism)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Wasn't the point of those structured comments to get rid of all the
> hardcoded numbers? I was expecting that lsb/install_initd would deduce
> the runlevel/s based on the Required-Start: stuff; eg a header:
> 	# Required-Start: $network, $multiuser
> would put the service in runlevels 3,5 on Red Hat, and 2,3,4,5 on Debian;
> whereas:
> 	# Required-Start: $multiuser
> would put it in runlevel 2,3,4,5 on both Red Hat and Debian.

I agree with aj. As a software manufacturer I'm not primarily interested
in runlevel numbers, but I want to run my daemons (facilities) when
specific preconditions are met.

I would like this proposal, but I found only these facility names:
$local_fs, $network, $named, $remote_fs, $syslog and $netdaemons.
(Chapter 18. "System Initialization" - section "Facility names", LSB spec
1.0.0.) Are there more of these facility names (like $mulitiuser,
$singleuser, $xdm) defined somewhere else or is this just a proposal for
additional definitions?

Bodo