Re: Upgrade glitches

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 11:52:58PM -0400, mdanish@andrew.cmu.edu wrote:

> I still haven't heard from the lynx maintainer despite emailing him several
> times and NMUing twice (fixing other problems).  The lynx-ssl maintainer
> is active, however, but he tends to incorporate changes made in lynx
> into his own source package.
>
> Perhaps someone should see about taking care of lynx; I would but I don't
> have the time that the package needs (looking at the list of bugs...).

How does w3m compare to lynx in this respect? Personally I much prefer
w3m in use and one of the first things I do on a fresh system is to purge
lynx and install w3m. Is there any particular reason why lynx is "standard"
and w3m "optional"?

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
You will be a winner today.  Pick a fight with a four-year-old.