Re: Upgrade glitches

Previously Bob Hilliard wrote:
>      I'm running woody.  My last two upgrades (6/16 and today) have
> included any upgrade of lynx.  In both cases, my lynx config file,
> /etc/lynx.cfg, was replaced without asking permission, without even
> reporting that is was doing so.  I don't know it this is a bug in
> lynx, dpkg or debconf, but it is not correct behavior.

Did you make any changes in that file prior to upgrading it?

> Why, then, would apt-get download and re-install the package?

Different MD5 checksum of the deb so it assumed the one in the archive
it knows about is the good one and will install that one.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |