Re: Do the HPPA "binary-only" NMUs violate the GPL?

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 06:35:38PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> The mirrors are distributing binaries without the source modification.
> We are distributing the patch through the BTS which is mirrored by effectively
> nobody

asside from licence issues your not supposed to make any source
changes if your doing a binary NMU, if you must make source changes
you have to submit them to the maintainer and only do a full source
NMU if he ignores you for an unreasonable ammount of time.

this is in policy, or the developers manual.. one of those docs.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/