Re: potato -> woody upgrade not smooth...

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 04:47:15PM +0200, Joost Kooij wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 10:07:17PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > I went to upgrade to woody in this box and I noticed that
> > apt-get dist-upgrade is not good enough... apt wants to remove
> > xbase-clients, xfonts* and some other things... it left me
> > without 'startx' in the end...
>
> Next time try dselect.

To elaborate: The problem will still occur with dselect. You'll be
dropped into a screen of conflicts where you have to manually
re-select most of the packages that dselect deselected for you. There
must be a slight dependency glitch somewhere which causes all this,
but I've never looked into it.

  Richard

--
  __   _